Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tuning and then fine tuning.















Well, this is my first blog post and I am currently checking out the bells and whistles on the Blogger.com control panels this morning, so please just consider this a first post trial run. 

Why I created this blog is simple enough. I need something to send out to potential employers show casing who I am and what I can do in the field of art with my on-line portfolio when mailing out those important emails of "please, hire ME!" 

I'm a cartoonist, illustrator, and a general crafter of mookery with a pen. Also let us not forget self taught, which means not hirable in most cases. So as not to dwell on those crimps and walls that the industry expertly places on us, we need to push forward. 
The point of the game here for me is to get over those hurdles and find those untold riches, where I can eat and catch a movie every once in a while and I fearless reader have no clue on how to do this with grace, in the art field. So that makes my blog a tragic, yet a interesting work of determination.

There are a couple routes here that I can possibly exploit while finding rent check money with my so called talent. One is Cartooning. Please note the sample above of the Ambassador funny. This was my very first attempt at a comic strip panel. My wife loves the giant space squid, so that means I'm on to something. Fifteen more of these and I'm off to the local newspaper in Mt. Shasta to see if I can get on board with the editor. It's a start.





 


No comments: